HP POWERKOOL RR
Advanced Radiator Coolant & Corrosion Inhibitor Locomotive Engines
HP POWERKOOL RR is a new generation Radiator Coolant and Corrosion Inhibitor, specifically developed for Indian Railways. Unlike the conventional anti-freeze radiator coolants, HP Powerkool RR is based on Organic Acid Technology and hence, it has the potency of a prolonged service life.
After initial laboratory evaluations at M & C Directorate of RDSO & Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune, HP POWERKOOL RR was put into field trials at kazipet diesel shed of South Central Railway on two sets of eight WDM2.
The product has exhibited several key benefits in service, such as:
- Bio-degradable and environment friendly (being of Carboxylate base and boron free)
- Exemplary corrosion inhibition of the metal components
- Superior compatibility to Elastomers (rubber components) used in cooling system
- Retention of concentration over a good duration, hence nil or negligible consumption (apart from those owing to leakage/ contamination etc.)
- Low dosage requirement (only @ 3% with DM/Raw Water)
RDSO vide their Report MP. Misc. -184 (December - 2006) has compiled the key benefits of the product
- Bio-degradable and environment friendly
- Extended water pump life
- Maximized cavitation corrosion protection
- Extended coolant life
- Improved heat transfer
- Lower cooling system maintenance costs
HP POWERKOOL RR is now approved by RDSO for their ALCO Locomotives running all across the country.
HP POWERKOOL RR is recommended to be used @ 3% dosage with De-mineralized Water. The product also performs well with Raw Water.
|PROPERTIES||HP POWERKOOL RR|
|Appearance||Bright & Clear|
|PH of 3% Solution with Distilled Water, Min||7.5|
|Specific Gravity, @ 20 ºC/20 ºC, Min||1.05|
|Carboxylate Concentration||1000 – 1400|